WASD undertakes all its publishing activities very seriously adhering to the top quality standards, procedures and ethics. WASD always with integrity, honesty and transparency with all our stakeholders including our authors. WASD is fully committed to all the research and publishing guidelines and flowcharts included in the CODE OF CONDUCT AND BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR JOURNAL EDITORS of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and our Founding Editor-in-Chief (Prof. Allam Ahmed) is a member of COPE. All submission should follow our Publishing Ethics Policy before submitting any manuscripts to our Journals/Books.
All our publications are either published in-house or in partnerships with international publishers and therefore, WASD is also fulling committed to various publishing ethics procedures and guidelines set-up by all our publishing partners: Emerald Publishing Research and Publishing Ethics; Palgrave Macmillan Ethics Policy; Routledge Taylor and Francis (including Greenleaf Publishing) Editorial Policies; Inderscience Publishers Ethical Guidelines for Authors; and Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) of the United Nations System Standards and Procedures.
WASD will always:
- Act and adhere fully to all the guidelines and standards set by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and all our leading publishing partners when dealing with all ethical matters and aspects of publishing.
- Ensure all publications are processed through a minimum of double-blind peer review process (sometimes we use up to five blind reviewers).
- Ensure all published papers are available FREE of charge (without passwords) to all people across the world particularly those in poor developing countries.
- Assign DOIs to all accepted papers and chapters.
All authors should consider the following notes very carefully before making their submission.
- Ensure you read and understand the various aspects of our publishing ethics policy and guidelines carefully in terms of authorship, research integrity and follow all aspects of our research conducts.
- Ensure you follow the highest standards of research rigour and integrity.
- Make sure your read and understand the above various research and publishing ethics polices and guidelines provided by our various publishing partners particularly the CODE OF CONDUCT AND BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N. B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
- All papers submitted for publication in WASD journals are refereed through a double blind process.
- All submitted articles/chapters should not include libellous, defamatory or unlawful statements.
- Obtain all necessary approval/permission for any third-party material included in your submission.
- Proof of consent has been obtained for any named individuals or organisations.
- All submissions must be original, fully referenced and that all authors are represented accurately. Ensure authorship has been agreed prior to submission and no one has been ‘gifted’ authorship or denied credit as an author (ghost authorship).