WJSTSD is a unique global forum for academics, practitioners and policymakers from around the world to exchange concepts, research, and best practices about science and technology and to provoke forward thinking on the development of a more coherent approach to solving global problems related to sustainable development (SD). WJSTSD aims to integrate the study of these disciplines to achieve SD and help to stimulate debate with a view to defining common, effective responses to tomorrow’s challenges.
WJSTSD is published by WASD in the United Kingdom (4 Issues per year) ISSN: 2042-5961 (Print); 2042-597X (Online) in partnership with Emerald Publishing (2012-2021) and Inderscience Publishers (2004-2009).
WJSTSD is abstracted and indexed by: Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index; INSPEC; ReadCube Discover; ABI/Inform (ProQuest); Cabell’s Directory of Publishing Opportunities; British Library; and Crossref. WJSTSD has already been submitted for possible inclusion by Scopus and we currently waiting for the review process to be completed.
- Original and applied research that critically examines the inter-relationship between the natural, the governmental, the economic and the social dimensions of our world and how science and technology can contribute to solutions
- Fundamental and applied research on all aspects of SD
- General and technical reviews of topical and/or controversial subjects which inform and stimulate debate
- Conceptual papers or case studies which highlight the role of STI in achieving SD
- Literature review or viewpoint on a particular topic or trend
- WJSTSD encourages Guest Editors to submit proposals for Special Issues addressing particular (specific) issue(s) fitting with the broad theme of the journal or resulting from relevant conferences. Special issues focusing on a particular country or region would also be welcome.
- Book reviews and/or evaluation of other literature and multimedia information packages
The latest WJSTSD articles are available to download free of charge from our digital library or from a member subscription platforms from Emerald Publishing (2012-2020) and Inderscience Publishers (2004-2009).
WJSTSD considers a broad range of topics, and papers can address subjects theoretically or empirically through either a descriptive or critical approach. Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Science, technology and innovation (STI)
- Role of STI in achieving SD
- SD policies and strategies and the government involvement in SD practices and regulations
- Research and development
- ICTs and SD
- Education and SD
- Engineering, industry and sustainable manufacturing systems
- Food security policies and sustainable food production systems
- Future trends in STI
- The impact of travel, transportation and tourism on sustainability
- UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Water, energy and climate change
- Impact of innovation and knowledge upon the productivity increase/enhancement
- Knowledge-based economy and SD
- The role of the informal sector in sustainable economic growth
- Impacts and challenges of AIDS, malaria and other chronic problems on SD