WJEMSD is a forum for academics, practitioners and policymakers from around the world to exchange concepts, research, and best practices about entrepreneurship and management. The journal aims to integrate the study of these disciplines to achieve sustainable development (SD) and help to stimulate debate amongst scholars, researchers and policymakers across the world with a view to defining common, effective responses to tomorrow’s challenges. Given the apparently contradictory needs of economic growth and environmental conservation, it comes as no surprise that the impact of the global financial crisis on SD has had such a powerful influence in contemporary discussions on the future of our world.
- WJEMSD is published by WASD in the United Kingdom (4 Issues per year) ISSN: 2042-5961 (Print); 2042-597X (Online).
- WJEMSD is abstracted and indexed by: Scopus; Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index; INSPEC; ReadCube Discover; ABI/Inform (ProQuest); Cabell’s Directory of Publishing Opportunities; British Library; and Crossref.
- WJEMSD is ranked by the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) and the Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD).
The latest WJEMSD articles (2022-) are available to download free of charge from our digital library or from a member subscription platforms from Emerald Publishing (2012-2020) and Inderscience Publishers (2005-2009).
- Original and applied research which critically examines the inter-relationship between the natural, the governmental, the economic and the social dimensions of our world and how entrepreneurship and management can contribute to solutions.
- Fundamental and applied research on all aspects of entrepreneurship, business and management
- General and technical reviews of topical and/or controversial subjects which inform and stimulate debate.
- Conceptual or case studies which highlight the role of business, management and entrepreneurship in achieving SD.
- Book reviews and/or evaluation of other literature and multimedia information packages.
- Literature review or viewpoint on a particular topic or trend.
- WJEMSD encourages Guest Editors to submit proposals for Special Issues addressing specific issue(s) of the broad theme of the journal or resulting from relevant conferences. WJEMSD will also consider themed special issues with a focus on a particular country or a region.
- Entrepreneurship research and studies
- Role of business, management and entrepreneurship in achieving SD
- Business incubators, entrepreneurship and innovation
- Change management
- Role of multilateral institutions in SD
- Agribusiness management
- Ecotourism and sustainable tourism development
- Impact of financial crises and risks of innovation sustainability on SMEs
- Risk management
- Aviation management and transport studies
- The impact of travel, transportation and tourism on sustainability
- Political and economic governance structures: towards reform
- Youth advocacy and SD
- Changing demography of the world
- Culture and development
- New regionalisms and the changing context of global politics
- SD policies and strategies and government involvement in SD practices and regulations
- International development
- UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Knowledge-based economy and SD
- The role of the informal sector in sustainable economic growth
- Impact and challenges of AIDS, malaria and other chronic problems on SD.
All members of our editorial committee are truly international in terms of their interests and range of specialisation. The validated academic background that they bring to bear on the quality of the review as well as their geographic areas of interest foster a uniquely different editorial experience. WASD is very grateful for all our distinguished Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) which include distinguished international academic and professional experts in the different subject areas of the different journals. All our EAB members graciously offering their invaluable comments that have enriched the quality of the papers in all our publications and also for making available to us their valuable time and efforts.