The National Centre for Research (NCR) established in 1991 as an extension of the National Research Council, which was established in 1970. The Center is concerned with conducting scientific and applied research for economic and social development within the framework of the state’s policy aimed at developing and supporting scientific and technical research in Sudan. NCR research focus on areas that have not received sufficient research such as Medicinal and aromatic plants, remote sensing, biotechnology and genetic engineering, as well as research of low-cost buildings, the environment and other branches of science. The center is under the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research at the time until the establishment of the Ministry of Science and Technology in 2001, where its dependency turned to it and currently NCR is again under MHESR.
ENRIJ publishes research works of high quality and standard in its areas of interests, including full length original manuscripts, review articles and short communications or scientific notes. It is dedicated to improvement of current research in the field through provision of real interaction between scientists throughout the globe. However, views and thoughts in published works are the authors’ responsibility and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the journal. The main themes covered by the journal may include the following:
- Natural resources & biodiversity.
- Ecology, bioclimatology & climate change.
- Agriculture and organic farming.
- Water harvesting& irrigation management.
- Crop management & integrated pest management.
- Bio-fertilizers & organic fertilizers.
- Bio-pesticides, natural enemies & bio-control.
- Soil fertility, desertification & land reclamation.
- Environmental pollution & pollutant remediation.
- Crop & animal production in arid and semi-arid areas.
- Pasture management in arid and semi-arid lands.
Other topics related to the above themes are also welcomed. Manuscripts already published or submitted for publication elsewhere will not be considered.