The conference objective is to introduce a variety of fundamental perspectives on the role of Higher Education Institutions (HEI) (universities, colleges and research institutes) to help re-building the global economy and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SD). It is now clearly recognised that innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as being a central driver of economic growth, are also recognised as very important tools to help achieve SD.
The conference is therefore aims to discuss and explore various approaches and different ways by HEI which can contribute to enhance and support entrepreneurship eco-system across the world and more specifically in the Developing Countries (DCs). Moreover, the conference aims to explore and critically analyse the current debates around the role of entrepreneurship and innovation in achieving SD.
- how do you see the role of HEI in service of the 2030 Agenda and supporting and enhancing the process of economic and social development in their countries;
- do you believe that the HEI are properly using scientific research in finding solutions to global problems such as the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic?
- identify all major obstacles that HEI face in their countries including any governments components and most importantly how can these obstacles best be overcome;
- what is the new role(s) of HEI in the post Covid-19 era; and
- how do you reflect the SDGs in your own research activities?.