Executive leadership and performance improvement for Future Women Leaders
Five days intensive workshop
Monday 24th – Friday 28th June 2019 (9:30-15:30)
Knowledge Dock Business and Innovation Centre, London – UK
This five-days workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on leadership in the public and private sectors. The workshop aims to enable women leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose leadership styles and approaches to their organisations. At the end of the workshop attendees should be able to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about leadership styles and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities. Moreover, after competition of the workshop, attendees to write a report, supported by the tutor, of what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. A focus to be one aspect of the workshop which has implications for the way they will improve their professional practice when they return to their employers. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate the understanding of the manager.
In addition, future women leaders and decision makers will learn effective techniques and approaches to make better choices within the context of their organisations, gather information and assess alternatives; they will also be able to make decisions and develop ways to implement those decisions to their organisation’s effective transformation. Participants will acquire comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about Digital Transformation approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities. It is a great opportunity for participants to gain good knowledge and understanding of Sustainable Development and gain background information on Sustainable Development Goals. The workshop will provide new perspectives sand some conclusions and recommendations for future women leaders to explore some of the opportunities from the digital revolution and how these opportunities can be improved to better serve their goals.
What are the objectives?
- This integrative workshop aims to develop a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to leadership, and to develop the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor and control different tasks and events.
- Develop an understanding of the different approaches to leadership and management to ensure the organisation is at peace with itself.
- How organisations can reposition and rebrand themselves as an excellent provider of products and/or services, achieve national and international recognition.
- How organisations can handle effectively the changing expectations of end-users; increased competition in the sector; reduction in income; changing technology and other issues.
- This workshop will also complement the different management skills already developed through earlier other (if any) management training and courses.
- How to ensure the organisation is confident about its future.
- In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to leadership
- Difference between leadership and management
- Leadership skills and tactics
- Effective leadership
- Lessons learned from great leaders
- Speaking in public places
- How to become an aspiring leader
Who should attend?
- The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level.
- Government officials: minsters, undersecretaries, directors, , etc.
- Private sector: CEOs, managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, performance, excellence, knowledge, innovation or change management.
- Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas.
- Academics including vice chancellors, deans, heads of departments, researchers and students who are interested in leadership and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations.
- Youth, NGOs (voluntary) and civil society groups (public).
- Professionals, SMEs, Start-ups and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurs who are looking for establishing their own firms and SMEs.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions.
- All overhead slides.
- Case studies (print and video).
- Certificate of attendance.
You can either register to attend ONLY the workshop or extend your registration to attend also the WASD conference which will be organised before the workshop in the period 17-19 June 2019, if you register for both events you can benefit from a large discount offered by the organisers. To register for the workshop and/or the conference please click on the link above and please contact Janet Snow at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question and/or if you would like to discus any discount for group registration.