Executive Leadership Post Covid 19 in the Public and Private Sectors
Part of SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP SERIES
Facilitator: Prof Allam Ahmed, President World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD)
لقد تم تصميم ورشة العمل هذه خلال ثلاثة أيام لتقديم مجموعة متنوعة من وجهات النظر حول القيادة التنفيذية في القطاعين العام والخاص في فترة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا. حيث تهدف الورشة إلى تمكين القادة وصناع القرار من استخدام أساليب القيادة المناسبة لمنظماتهم في مرحلة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا. في نهاية ورشة العمل نأمل أن يكون المشاركين قادرين على اكتساب المعرفة الشاملة والخبرة العملية حول أساليب ومناهج القيادة استجابة لمختلف التحديات في فترة ما بعد جائحة الكورونا
This three-days workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on leadership in the public and private sectors in the post Covid 19 era. The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose leadership styles and approaches to their organisations in the post Covid 19. At the end of the workshop attendees should be able to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about leadership styles and approaches in response to the various challenges in the post Covid 19 era.
Profile of Target Beneficiaries
- The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level.
- Government officials: minsters, undersecretaries, directors, etc.
- Private sector: CEOs, managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, performance, excellence, knowledge, innovation or change management.
- Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas.
- Academics including vice chancellors, deans, heads of departments, researchers and students who are interested in leadership and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations.
- Youth, NGOs (voluntary) and civil society groups (public).
- Professionals, SMEs, Start-ups and other stakeholders.
Benefits for employers
- Understand evolving international requirements for achieving the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
- The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
- After completion of the programme, participants (supported by their tutor with additional fee) will be given the opportunity to write a report describing what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. The report will focus on one single perspective or to build a hybrid model that will help their employers to achieve their strategic and tactical goals. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate managers’ understanding.
- For each session there is an activity or set of activities. These are designed to help you engage with the introduction to the theories explored within the workshop.
- Your tutor will be on hand to guide you through the course and will expect you to bring to bear personal experience and reflection on the topics covered.
- At an additional cost, after competition of the workshop, attendees to write a report, supported by the tutor, of what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. A focus to be one aspect of the workshop which has implications for the way they will improve their professional practice when they return to their employers. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate the understanding of the manager.
- Welcome and overview
- Post Covid 19 business environment
- General introduction to leadership
- Difference between leadership and management
- Discussion and personal reflection
- Reflection on day one
- Strategic leadership and planning
- Leadership skills and tactics
- Understanding the problem in your organisation
- Discussion and personal reflection
- Reflection on day two
- Organisation learning and knowledge
- Effective leadership
- Lessons learned from great leaders
- Discussion and personal reflection – next steps
Workshop Material and Registration
The masterclass will be delivered via video conferencing facilities from London.
To register for the workshop please follow the online registration process. If you have any problem or need help please contact the training coordinator Janet Snow: email@example.com.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions.
- All overhead slides.
- Case studies.
- Certificate of attendance.