SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP SERIES
The workshop will be facilitated by world renowned experts in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science (DS), Knowledge Management (KM) and Digital Transformation (DT).
This workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of fundamental perspectives on AI and DS to build future leaders in public and private sectors who are able to understand and deal with future challenges particularly post Covid-19. The workshop will explain how AI is about designing and building computer-based artifacts to make various human tasks easier.
The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose AI and DS applications and approaches to their organisations in the post Covid 19 era.
Participants will realise how much AI has the potential to make our lives better in almost all fields. It gives us the tools necessary to learn from and capitalise on human experience, and perform complex tasks such as recommending solutions based on processing large amounts of data.
What will you learn
(1) Understanding the key digital challenges and opportunities senior leaders face in leading complex organisations and how to become an aspiring leader.
(2) Working and influencing dynamics in organisations, including effective networks development and DS for managers and leaders.
(3) Understand the difference between AI, machine learning and deep learning. Also Data Analytics, Big Data and strategic alignment and DT facilitators.
(4) Learn problem solving techniques, description, representation using AI and/or DS.
(5) In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving in response to the various challenges in the post Covid 19 era. Using participants’ own organisations as cases, participants will explore how and when they can establish AI and DS initiatives in their organisations and who should be involved.
Benefits for employers
Understanding the potential of AI and KM on your organisation/career in terms of productivity, engagement, loyalty and retention.
Understand evolving organisational requirements post Covid-19.
The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
At the end of the workshop participants should have acquired comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about AI and DS applications and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities.
Profile of Target Beneficiaries
* The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level.
* Government officials: minsters, undersecretaries, directors, etc.
* Private sector: CEOs, managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, performance, excellence, knowledge, innovation or change management.
* Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas.
* Academics including vice chancellors, deans, heads of departments, researchers and students who are interested in leadership and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations.
* Youth, NGOs (voluntary) and civil society groups (public).
* Professionals, SMEs, Start-ups and other stakeholders.
For each session there is an activity or set of activities. These are designed to help you engage with the introduction to the theories explored within the workshop.
Your tutor will be on hand to guide you through the course and will expect you to bring to bear personal experience and reflection on the topics covered.
At an additional cost, after competition of the workshop, attendees to write a report, supported by the tutor, of what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. A focus to be one aspect of the workshop which has implications for the way they will improve their professional practice when they return to their employers. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate the understanding of the manager.
To register for the workshop please contact the workshop coordinator Janet Snow at: email@example.com.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions
- All overhead slides
- Case studies (print and video)
- Copy of one volume of World Sustainable Development Outlook book series.
- Certificate of attendance.